Last modified October 23, 2020
1. Information We Collect
We collect information from You when You use the Service, contact or interact with us, provide ideas for your organization on the platform, and voluntarily provide us with Your comments and other content in connection with using the Service.
As part of your access to and use of the Service, we may collect: Your name, email address, telephone number, department, role, billing administrator name, billing administrator email, employee number, active status, photo, job title, background information, address, and any other information you voluntarily provide on the Service.
When You contact us, we may collect: Your name, contact information including email address, telephone number, and any other information that You voluntarily provide to us.
When You access and use the Service, we automatically collect information regarding You and Your device, including Your device’s Internet Protocol address, the domain name of Your Internet service provider, your location, Your mobile device information (e.g. device model and operating system version), your page visits, your social sharing activity, and aggregated information that cannot be used to specifically identify You. Additional information collected is described in the Analytics and Cookies sections below.
We may collect information about You from third party sources. The Service provides links to our Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin pages. If You connect with these websites through the Service, We may receive personal information about You.
Please note that You may choose not to allow us to use Your personal information for certain purposes as described in the Your Choices Regarding Your Information section below.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the information that We collect for several purposes, including:
- The purposes for which You provided it;
- To provide information and services to You;
- To process and respond to Your inquiries and comments;
- To send You information about Your relationship with us or about new projects or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- To contact you for market research purposes and to use this information to customize the Service according to your interests;
- To administer, operate, and improve the Service or to further the mission of Idea Pipeline;
- To personalize and enhance Your experience using the Service;
- To send periodic emails. If you choose, the email address You provide may be used to send You occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Note: If at any time You would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability or popularity of the Service;
- To compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes;
- To prevent fraud and abuse of the Service and to otherwise protect users and visitors and our business;
- To assist law enforcement and respond to subpoenas; and
3. Legal Bases for Using Personal Information
Performance of a contract
The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform the agreement you have with us to provide products and services. For example, to register and maintain your account, to help with account issues, and to respond to your requests.
We may use Your personal information for our legitimate interests. We rely on our legitimate interest to deliver our services to our users, to administer, analyze and improve our services and the content on the Website, to process payments, to operate our business including through the use of service providers and subcontractors (who may have access to Your data – see further under the section How Your Information is Disclosed), to send You notifications about our services, for archiving, records keeping, statistical and analytical purposes, or to use Your personal information for administrative, fraud detection, audit, training, security, or legal purposes.
Prior to accessing this site and providing your personal data, You may have provided Your informed consent to the collection and use of certain personal data. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time, subject to the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below and the preceding Legal Bases for Using Personal Information in this Section.
Compliance with legal obligations
We may use your personal information to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject, including to comply with legal process.
Performance of a task carried out in the public interest
We may use your personal information may be necessary to perform a task in the public interest. For example, we may track and make publicly available licensure status for medical professionals in the public interest.
4. How Your Information is Disclosed
- Twitter. By clicking on the Twitter button on the Service, You will automatically be transported to the official Twitter feed of Idea Pipeline, @IdeaPipeline, https://twitter.com/IdeaPipeline.
- Facebook. By clicking on the Facebook button on the Service, You will be automatically transported to the official Facebook Page for Idea Pipeline, https://www.facebook.com/Idea-Pipeline-220577436043841/.
- LinkedIn. By clicking on the LinkedIn button on the Service, You will be automatically transported to the official LinkedIn profile for Idea Pipeline, https://www.linkedin.com/company/Idea-Pipeline/.
- Your Affiliated Organization. We will share your personal information, including Your contact information and Your idea submissions with your affiliated organization who is contracting with us to provide You with access to the Service.
- Business Changes. If We become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, We may transfer Your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
- Investigations and Law. We may disclose information about You to third parties if We believe that such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or guidance and cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties;
- Investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety, and property of us, users or others, or violations of our policies or other agreements with us;
- Respond to claims and legal process (for example, subpoenas); and/or
- Protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated Information. We may share aggregated information relating to users of the Service with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties. This aggregated information does not contain personal information about any user.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Persistent cookies remain on the visitor’s computer after the browser has been closed.
- Session cookies exist only during a visitor’s online session and disappear from the visitor’s computer when they close the browser software.
Flash cookies (also known as local shared objects) are data files that can be created on your computer by the websites you visit and are a way for websites to store information for later use. Flash cookies are stored in different parts of your computer from ordinary browser cookies. You can disable the storage of flash cookies. For additional information about managing and disabling flash cookies, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a Web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information by blocking cookies.
We implement a variety of security measures to protect the safety of Your personal information when You enter, submit, or access Your personal information.
While We take reasonable measures to protect the information You submit via the Service against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, We cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet, email, or mobile application transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email or other messages sent through the Service may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Service and take special care in deciding with which information You provide us.
We cannot guarantee that transmissions of Your personal information will be fully secure and that third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or the security measures of our partners. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION DUE TO TRANSMISSION ERRORS, THIRD PARTY ACCESS, OR CAUSES BEYOND OUR CONTROL.
Any information collected through the Service is stored and processed in the United States. If you use our Service outside of the United States, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States.
6. Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Your information for as long as You use the Service and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may maintain anonymized or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. We may retain and use Your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or for the period required by laws in applicable jurisdictions. Please note that some or all of the information We have collected may be required for the Service to function properly.
7. Links to Other Websites or Applications
8. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information by the Service.
- Changing Your Information – To change Your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Closing Your Account –If the email account associated with Your email address is not active, We may remove it from our system without notice.
9. EU Privacy Rights
Users based in the European Union have the following legal rights in respect of their information:
- The right to require Idea Pipeline to confirm whether or not their information is being processed, the purpose of any such processing, the recipients of any information that has been disclosed, the period for which their information is to be stored and whether any automated decision-making processes are used in relation to their information;
- The right to require Idea Pipeline to rectify inaccurate information without undue delay;
- The right to request the erasure of their information. Subject to certain conditions, Idea Pipeline may be required to erase the information in response to such request where:
- the information is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected, such as where a user chooses to terminate his or her use of the Service;
- where the processing of the information is based on the user’s consent (and the other circumstances described in the ‘Legal Basis for Processing Your information’ and ‘How We May Share Your information’ sections above no longer apply), if the user withdraws his or her consent; or
- the user objects to the processing of his or her information and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Where Idea Pipeline has disclosed the information of a European Union user to a third party and the user requests the erasure or rectification of the data, Idea Pipeline will take all reasonable steps to inform the third party of such request.
- The right to restrict Idea Pipeline from processing their information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of that information is disputed or an objection has been raised (see below). In such circumstances, Idea Pipeline will only process that information with the express consent of the user, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest;
- The right to receive their information from Idea Pipeline in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- The right to object to the processing of their information by Idea Pipeline where:
- Idea Pipeline has relied on the ‘legitimate interest’ basis for processing that information, in which case we will immediately stop processing the user’s information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the user; or
- the information is used for direct marketing purposes, in which case we will immediately stop processing the user’s information for such purposes.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority of the EU member state where the user resides.
- The above legal rights are subject to various conditions and exceptions including where the data is used for statistical or scientific research purposes and the exercise of the right would prevent such purposes from being attained or would seriously impair their attainment.
10. Information Collected From Other Websites and Mobile Applications and Do Not Track Policy
Your browser or device may offer You a “Do Not Track” option, which allows You to signal to operators of websites, web applications, mobile applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that You do not wish such operators to track certain of Your online activities over time and/or across different websites or applications. Our Service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means that We or our analytics providers or other third parties with which We are working may collect information about Your online activity both during and after Your use of the Service.
Our Service is not intended for children under 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from an individual under age 16. If You are under the age of 16, please do not submit any personal information through the Service. If You have reason to believe that We may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 16, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. How to Contact Us
14. Your California Privacy Rights
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing us at Idea Pipeline, Inc., 1666 79th Street Causeway, Suite 405, North Bay Village, FL 33141.